4/16/2007

OMG...This was forever ago... 01-07-1993

All day long I fiddled with pictures. I was so surprised to come across this old thing, I was 29 years old and holding a Texas size radish that Kenneth Lawrence had grown in his vegetable garden. Mr. Lawrence was always bringing me something home grown to my office, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, even blue corn. On this particular day he came in radish in one hand and camera in the other, he just said "smile"!! He was the sweetest older gentleman any person would want as a friend. He had been snowbound and frostbitten eary in his life. In the end he lost a leg, and later passed on near my birthday. It was sad to lose a friend, I cried...
This picture was taken at the old county attorney's office that was located in the old courthouse annex. I just noticed that I was wearing my ostrich ropers, that must have been about 100 pounds ago... Yikes, that should be incentive enough for me to want to lose weight!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't seen this one in years. You look beautiful!! I couldn't tell wtf you were holding, it looked like a dead rat. Of course after reading your post I knew what it was. Hey I can't see your ropers!! It's too dark! Anyhoo, WOW!! You are too pretty.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Holy mackeril that's one big radish!!

Thanks for looking at my blog!